- COVID-19 report now shows 175 deaths in Coos Co. and the question remains, will this ever end? Beginning to think no. Looks like it is around us and we will have to learn to deal with it. Vaccine, booster shots, good cleaning, social distancing, no coughing in one's face or direction, and if you feel sick, see a doctor. What else besides Isolation?
- OHA has lifted a couple of health advisories along the North Coast.
- Disappointing report from OHA regarding Opioids in Oregon in 2021, usage/overdoes on the increase. Can't imagine putting yourself in Harm's Way.
- Oregon has sent a team to Florida to assist with Hurricane Ian recovery.
- Quake near the outer fault line off of western Canada.
- Southwestern Oregon has a Job Fair. The whole Bay Area should be participating given the amount of "help wanted" signs at local businesses.
- South Coast Striders have a couple of hikes this weekend.
- Ballet Folklorico Ritmo Alegre Dance Workshop coming up at CBPL. Time to register.
- Clatsop Beaches reopening to Razor Clam digging.
- DEQ issues environmental penalties for August. One was in Charleston.
- More salmon fishing opportunities on the Lower Columbia River.
- Archery deer hunt drawing coming up in Southern Oregon.
- Guilty plea from a country music promoter in the Willamette Valley.
- Death investigation update in Lane Co.
- Hit & run vehicle sought in Coos Bay.
- Police logs show unauthorized use, warrant arrests, UEMV, criminal trespass, animal abuse, & more.
- In sports, prep volleyball action last night, Marshfield downs North Bend. Prep football tonight has both the Bulldogs and Pirates playing at home. NBHS runners at Woahink Lake Saturday.
- SWOCC sports teams are out of town this weekend.
- Pac-12 football, Ducks are home for a late Saturday night game. Might need a nap for this one. Beavers go to Salt Lake City for another key game relegated to the Pac-12 Network. Where's Rodney Dangerfield when you need a quick line?
- Pac-12 volleyball has the Ducks and Beavers home at Eugene and Corvallis.
- Not a good night for the women's soccer teams at UO and OSU Thursday. Both lost. Beavers men got a win on the road. Action continues on Sunday for the women's teams at home.
- Seahawks play at Detroit Sunday in a morning game on Fox.
Other Related News
WarrantAccording to an entry on the CQPD log for Nov. 23, 10:56 a.m., Fat Elk Road, &ldquo...
Southwestern Oregon’s men are scheduled to open the Red Devil Classic at Longview, W...
High school state football championships are on the line in Oregon this weekend. At the to...